Team-stream - time tracking tool for project managementPosted by Oleksandr Pryymak - 09.12.2009, 21:48
Tags: django management
We released team-stream open source. It is a small, but very useful tool that we have been using for more than a year. You can download it from team-stream page on google code.
Team-Stream is a simple time tracking system designed for software developers team. It covers essential need - to answer a question: "who is/was doing what?". Team-Stream tracks time, that developer have spent on the project, builds reports.
- web-server - its a web-based project
- Django framework
- multi-user interface allows many people to work with
- minimalistic interface:
- start tracking a new activity by entering its title and pressing Enter
- continue existing activity by clicking on it
- cancel wrong activity
- shortcuts to the django-admin interface to edit if some tune up is required
- saved activities are grouped by the title
- auto-highlight trac tickets and resolve it to a link. Example: #125 will became a link pointing to "http://example.com/trac/ticket/125"
- the list of all activities for the last few days in chronological order
- time validation — nobody can work on two activities simultaneously neither in future.
- minimalistic TODO functionality with optional feature to plan activity for some date
- short day-review report build into activities timeline
- separate html reports:
- by time period
- by selected project
- with respect to user's time-zone
- specific user roles to limit access in django admin and to only selected projects
- a plugin for Firefox for submitting tasks
- make a tidy design. (yeah, we just get used to the current)
Read also: Click here to add a new comment »